Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 f350: fuel filter..air in fuel system..cylinder injector

Customer Question
hi i have a 2004...
hi i have a 2004 f-350 6.0 secondary fuel filter crack replaced it. now i have problems starting the truck seems like air in fuel system if i hold peddle to the floor truck comes back to life but seems to have no power if i let sit for eight hours are more it happens again secondary filter housing is full of fuel truck had many codes all for every cylinder injector control circuit low p2614 p2617 any ideas
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/22/2010
Ford Mechanic: Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Hello, when you get codes for all 8 injectors, this usually means that the FICM has failed. The Fuel injection control module is mounted on the driver side valve cover and must be programmed by the dealer when installed. Thanks
Yeah if this ficm is no good y after holding fuel peddle down for ten minutes does truck clear up and stop blowing black smoke and you r able to drive it.

The FICM will usually only show symptoms at cold engine operation. Rarely does a failing FICM cause any warm engine driveability issues. Look at the chart below, measure the resistance in the connector cavity on the injectors. If none falls outside of these specs, the FICM is bad. This test should be done when the truck has cooled overnight to simulate your starting problem. Also, if you have a code P0611, this is an internal failure code for the FICM, that means it automatically failed the selftest and needs replacing. Thanks