Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 Ford Expedition: I ripped a piece in front of the passenger side…

Customer Question
Wondering what the cost to...
Wondering what the cost to fix a dash on a 2010 Ford Expedition? I ripped a piece in front of the passenger side. Does the whole dash have to be replaced or can be fixed in pieces?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/21/2010
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 8 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

I will try my best to help you with your question.

Can you post a picture of the rip on here with a digital camera or cell phone picture. It all depends on where the damage is.

I cant post a picture today but if you are sitting in passenger seat looking directly above glove box there is a outline box with stitching going down middle of the square outline. It is split down the stitching. not on the top of dash board either right in front of passenger. Hopefully that makes better sense.

You can try an auto upholstery shop. They might be able to fix. They might know someone who can.

As for Ford and the dealership, the whole dash panel will have to be replaced through Ford.

Check out the upholstery shop first.