Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Blower fan motor doesn't operate on any setting...engine compartment

Customer Question
Blower fan motor doesnt operate...
Blower fan motor doesnt operate on any setting. No pre-cusors just came out and fan no longer works. Tried to find the fuse for this device but was unable to find a fuse other the the high current one in the engine compartment 40amps slot 16 I belive. Dont have a manual but from what I have read. culprits could be: Switch itself, moter relays, fuse, motor itself. Any advice?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/21/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello

Ron :

You are correct, it could be any of the above. Are you able to do some testing?

Ron :

Is this manual air (knobs) or EATC ( buttons) ?

Customer:

No I'm currently at the office, manual air knobs

Customer:

is there a good test for the switch it self, starting to the source :)

Customer:

On the fuse, Is there only the 40amp in the engine compartment

Ron :

Ok, I am going to send you the step to decide if it a blower relay and or motor. Locate the blower motor relay in the auxiliary relay box.Check for 12 volts on both Black/Light Green (BK/LG) wires. The primary side of the relay should have 12 volts with the key on fed by fuse #6 in the Central Junction Box (CJB). The secondary side of the relay is hot all the times and is fed by fuse 6 in the Battery Junction Box (BJB).Check the Red/Orange (R/O) wire at the relay for ground. It is supplied by the mode switch in the dash in every position except OFF.If both powers and the ground are OK, replace the relay.