Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

99 FORD RANGER: PUT THE A/C ON mAX A/C , AND YOU PUT IT ON REGULAR A/C…

Customer Question
oN AN 99 FORD RANGER...
oN AN 99 FORD RANGER THE WIPERS TURN ON BY THEMSELVES SOMETIMES , ALSO yOU HAVE TO PUT THE A/C ON mAX A/C , AND YOU PUT IT ON REGULAR A/C FOR HEAT
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/19/2010
Ford Mechanic: connor75, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
connor75
connor75, ASE Certified Technician
Good evening, the wiper concern is an easy one, its the multifunction switch ( the turn signal switch). The Air conditioning concern I don't think I'm understanding, can you elaborate at all?
tHE A/C ONLY WORKS WHEN IT IS SET ON MAX, WHEN IT IS SET ON REGULAR A/C THE HEAT WORKS
Your blend door is broken, keeping it on max ac shuts off the fresh air intake which blows the door to the heat position. This is a fairly common problem, mainly on Explorers but also on Rangers, it is going to require replacement of the entire heater plenum.
HOw difficult is it to replace , or how much should it cost to have it replace?