Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1994 Ford Tempo: coil..plug wires, distributor moguel, rotor, air flow…

Customer Question
I have a 1994 Ford...
I have a 1994 Ford Tempo The engine misses and I can not fix it. I replaced the coil, plugs, plug wires, distributor moguel, rotor, air flow. I feel like driving it off of a cliff. I wish it was a basic car that I could fix. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/19/2010
Ford Mechanic: jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
jim
jim, ASE Certified Technician
When is the vehicle missing. At idle or while driving it and if so what speeds? Does it misfire when the car is cold or warm or both?
The car misses when driving. When the gas pedal is pushed to the floor. at times it will run great but mostly it will miss as if it is an electrical breakdown.
I want you to check the throttle position sensor do you have a Digital volt meter?