Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Wont idle..3 iac valves and started doing it again.. Any ideas…

Customer Question
wont idle sometimes. sometimes idlies...
wont idle sometimes. sometimes idlies a bit high for a short time.. Been through 3 iac valves and started doing it again.. Any ideas? Thanks. Robert
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/18/2010
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
is the engine light on?
no. What would the possibilities with the engine light on, and if it hasnt displayed like its doing? Thanks
i would say its likely a vacum or intake gasket leak. This will cause a idle to fluctuate. Generally they will trip engine codes generally a po171 or po174
The idle doesnt fluctate consistently though. It has worked previously the last 3 time the iac valve was replaced.. Its just done it again though..
are you using factory or after market parts?
they were factory, but used parts..