Ford

Connect one-on-one with a verified ford mechanic who will answer your question

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

More related answers
All ford mechanics are VERIFIED
HAVE A 2007 F150 WITH 5.4L TRITON - GETTING A P0345 (LEFT
Tyler Henry
Tyler Henry, Technician
Second opinion] HAVE A 2007 F150 WITH 5.4L TRITON - GETTING A P0345 (LEFT BANK CAM SENSOR CIRCUIT)CODE AND ASSOCIATED POOR PERFORMANCE , VALVE NOISE, AND STALLING ON AN INTERMITTENT BASIS. BECOMING PR… read more
Have a 2005 F150 4x4, 5.4 engine. the truck has 240,000 *****
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, self employed
have a 2005 F150 4x4, 5.4 engine. the truck has 240,000 ***** ***** on it. at idle you cannot not tell the engine is running it is so smooth. My problem is rough idle or engine will die, usually after… read more
I have a 2006 F150 with a 5.4L, had the heads rebuilt & i
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician
I have a 2006 F150 with a 5.4L, had the heads rebuilt & i installed them myself. Lined up the marks on the chains & crank gear per factory specs & triple checked alignment. started truck & ran perfect… read more
, I am having the ticking/knocking in my engine and starts
Rudolph Diesel
Rudolph Diesel, Service manager/ Master mechanic
Hi, I am having the ticking/knocking in my engine and starts jumping like it is going to stall out. After researching on the web, several people have commented that installing a comp cam phaser limiti… read more
ford f150: hello, 2004 f50 5.4l 3V Just tore the front of
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Technician
hello, 2004 f50 5.4l 3V Just tore the front of the motor off. replaced cam phasers, chain guides and tensioners VCT solenoid and cam positioning sensor. i was 99.9 percent sure the timing was dead on.… read more
2004 f150 fx4: 5.4 3v engine and i have that cam phaser knocking noise
6Bucs
6Bucs, Senior Master Tech
I have a 2004 f150 fx4 5.4 3v engine and i have that cam phaser knocking noise. I bought the truck 1.5 months ago and I still have the dealer 90 warranty. Can I have them fix the cam phaser under the … read more
Ford why does cam sensors in 2007 f150 5.4l engine go out
Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE MASTER TECH, REPAIR FACILITY OWNER
why does cam sensors in 2007 f150 5.4l engine go out and cause the need for an engine replacement?… read more
Hi. I have a 2010 F150 with 3v 4.6 4000 km. that has a knock
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford master diesel Tech.Ford certified
Hi. I have a 2010 F150 with 3v 4.6 4000 km. that has a knock looks like it coming from the lower engine at passenger side. The noise becomes laud after truck was been turning a while.Could this be a c… read more
2004 f150 lariat: I go about changing a bad lifter..supercrew
Steve
Steve, Ford tech Specializing in electronics
how do I go about changing a bad lifter in my 2004 f150 lariat supercrew gross wieght 7700lbs. i have very little expirence working on cars but im mechanically inclined so any info will help… read more
have 2005 5.4 3v f250 code po345 knocking or rattle in timing
kevin
kevin, Ford Tech
have 2005 5.4 3v f250 code po345 knocking or rattle in timing cover. high mileage. vt cam sprocket? how to check?… read more
just installed cam phasers in a 2006 f150 5.4 3v the noise
Scott W.
Scott W., Diesel, Automatic trans, full line tech
just installed cam phasers in a 2006 f150 5.4 3v the noise from the cam phasers is gone runs perfect down the highway and at idol sometimes has a miss goes and comes, but when you put engine in a bind… read more
I have a clicking sound under the hood of a 2005 mustang gt.
Scott W.
I have a clicking sound under the hood of a 2005 mustang gt. This only happens once a day in the morning when it is cold… read more
2004 F150: manifold..I see the 2 knock sensors bolted to the block
mopar money
mopar money, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2004 F150 with a 3v 5.4l. I am replacing the engine and bought a used 2004 5.4l 3v from an F150. When I removed the manifold off my engine I see the 2 knock sensors bolted to the block. When … read more
2005 f-150: with a 5.4 motor in it..make a ticking noise on left side
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
I have a 2005 f-150 with a 5.4 motor in it. It is make a ticking noise on left side of motor. what can cause this problem Rob… read more
Mark LT: / 5.4 3V. it is making a diesel..louder..injectors
Ray M.
Ray M., Diesel Technician
I need help with a 06 mark LT w/ 5.4 3V. it is making a diesel like sound that seems louder from under the truck and is not the injectors or normal valve noise as far as I can tell.… read more
F150: a tick tick sound under load im wondering if its a injector
POWERSTROKE
POWERSTROKE, DIESEL MASTER TECH
i have a 04 f150 5.4 3v and it has a tick tick sound under load im wondering if its a injector… read more
F150: cam..5.4l..eng..a loud clicking noise ? the dealership tells me
POWERSTROKE
POWERSTROKE, DIESEL MASTER TECH
why is the cam phaser in my 04 f150 5.4l eng making a loud clicking noise ? the dealership tells me they all do & it is normal. it might be normal but it is embarresing. it has 60000 miles… read more
I have a 2004 Ford f150 with the 5.4litre engine. It now ...
Thomas
Thomas, Lead Technician
I have a 2004 Ford f150 with the 5.4litre engine. It now has about 61K miles on it and I have done the maintenance as required, including the correct oil viscosities. At about 20K miles I noticed that… read more