Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car wont start

Customer Question
car won't start...
car won't start
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/16/2010
Ford Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

The first things to check are spark and fuel, attach a in-line spark tester to the number one cylinder spark plug in between the plug and the spark plug wire and try to start the car is it getting spark?

Next if spark is ok on all cylinders then spray a little starting fluid into the throttle body or if modded the carb and does it now start off of starting fluid?

What happened right before it would not start, did you just buy it, had it been sitting, was work done prior to this then this happened?

Thanks,

Joe

I bought a new battery about a month ago,yes the car sits,i took it 6/14/10 to
get it inspected at a texaco gas station everything went well,drove it home
coming down the ally at about 15mph not giving it much gas ,one house
before mine it started to die,i thought it was because i let off on the gas pedal
i still had my foot on the clutch ,it turns,but won't start,i bought this car for
my daughter in 95 she brought it back to me a year ago in june she /I have
(believe)taken good care of .it had 1/4 tank of gas i filled it to half on 6/14/10
it's a cobra.Thank-you (no work prior)

Thanks,

Joe