Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford: v6..$471, Pulley $106, Clutch $109, Disc $102, O-ring kit $62…

Customer Question
Ford fusion v6 2006....
Ford fusion v6 2006. Took it to a shop and this is what they want to charge. New compressor $471, Pulley $106, Clutch $109, Disc $102, O-ring kit $62, Accumulation $272, expansion valve $145, and a Flush kit $117. Total parts about $1385 and labor $620. Does this seem right?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/15/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 8 years ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
hi, it looks like they are doing a shot gun repair on your a/c system can you tell me what is the a/c doing to make it cost so much.
It is making a grinding noise. They said they have to replace everything.
ok, is it still blowing cold or hot air?
hot air

hi, the price they are quoting you is very hi, the compressor complete with pulley and clutch and plate should be a complete unit and the price on that is 435$ total, the price on the flush is only 65$ not 117$ as they state, the o ring kit should be no more then 45$, expansion valve is 105$, accumulator is 178$ and in total is $ 945.00 compare to $1385 they are adding $440.00 on the parts and the labor should be 3.5 hours times their labor cost, and to tell you the truth you only need the compressor, accumulator, and the flush, this should be enough to get the a/c to work, fine , i will suggest to get another opinion some place else.