Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shifter stuck in park and will not move..either direction..brake pedal…

Customer Question
Shifter stuck in park and...
Shifter stuck in park and will not move out of it. Even with wheel turned in either direction and with key on on position and brake pedal depressed. Is this easy to fix?? Thanks, Mike.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/14/2010
Ford Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Greetings and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.

Can you tell me if the brake lights come on when you press the brake pedal?

I will have to check for you. I had the emergency flashers on and couldn't tell last night. I am at work at the moment and will have to get back to you later today. Sorry I can't get to my car at the moment.
No problem at all. If they don't work, check the following fuses under the dash, it is possible that one has blown. Fuses # XXXXX and 35. Actually,even if the lights work, check these fuses. One of them could be your culprit. Let me know when you can!
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check them and let you know today.
Sounds like a plan! I should be here all day!