Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

97 contour: the ac is not working right..compresser

Customer Question
I have 97 contour and...
I have 97 contour and the ac is not working right. the compresser keeps kicking in and out (about 15 sec. intervalls)
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2010
Ford Mechanic: Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Dieseljunky2
Dieseljunky2, Ford Mechanic
Hello, what is the low side pressure when the compressor is running? What pressure does the compressor kick out at? What is the high side pressure when running and when it kicks out? Thanks
the pressure build up to about 50 psi and when the compressor kicks out it drops way down to about 10 and the builds up again. when I turn the ac off the pressure is 110 psi
Does the fan on the radiator come on when the compressor turns on? Also what is the high side pressure when the compressor turns off? Thanks
the fan on the radiator comes on when the compressor is on. don't know the high side pressure
The high side pressure will be needed for a correct diagnosis. Also the temperature of the area you are working in will also be needed at the time the pressures are checked. If these cannot be given, then this question cannot be answered correctly. Thanks
sorry, I don't have a gage to measure the high pressure
I will opt out, Maybe one of the other techs will help you by taking a chance and guessing the problem. Thanks