Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

runs smooth..bogs down..dies..it sit for a few min and it runs fine…

Customer Question
runs smooth but bogs down...
runs smooth but bogs down and dies let it sit for a few min and it runs fine til it does it again
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/13/2010
Ford Mechanic: Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic

This has the symptoms of a failing fuel pump. It will need to be tested for pressure with a gauge. Also if the fuel filter hasnt been replaced in awhile, now would be a good time to do that first. If it still does this after the filter is replaced, most likely the pump will need replaced.

already had thwayat done was not the problem. thanks any way. please do not withdraw from my account.