Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Taurus: light come..only happens..mins..I have changed the spark plugs…

Customer Question
My low oil pressure light...
My low oil pressure light come on in my 04' taurus SES, and it shuts down and i have enough oil in the car, yet this only happens when the car has been running down the down for about 25 mins. I have changed the spark plugs but still happens!!!! Any suggestions????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/9/2010
Ford Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager replied 8 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
Have you taken a mechanical gage and done an oil pressure test yet ?
not yet, but by this weekend i will have done a compression test and i will have the oil pressue test done

Oil pressure is what needs to be checked, keep me posted.