Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 ford: fuel pump..1996 ford..all fuses to the van found some out…

Customer Question
Well Ron i change the...
Well Ron i change the fuel pump again, and there is no power going to the pump. Hooked a autoscanner to it and it does not work on my 2001 ford but works on my 1996 ford. Checked all fuses to the van found some out and changed them out for new ones. Fuel pump still has no power. and still have some fuses under dash that has no power
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/9/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello

Ron :

I am enclosing the diagram for the fuel pump circuit, start at the fuel shut of switch and see if you have 12 volts cranking in and out of the switch.

Ron :

Which are you working on , a 2001 or the 1996?

Customer:

the 2001 we already check the shut off switch a couple weaks ago it works

Ron :

Hello

Ron :

What are you working on , the 2001 or the 1996?

Ron :

So you have power in and out of it?

Ron :

The power to the fuel pump, comes from the fuel pump relay, to the shut off switch and then to the pump. See the enclosed diagram.

Full Size Image