Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years ford experience, Ford Senior Master Diesel And Gasoline Tech
17239397

1999 Expedition: Oil leak..5.4L..it was the oil filter adapter gasket

Oil leak on a 1999 Expedition 5.4L AWD. One mechanic said it was the oil filter adapter gasket a second mechanic said it was the oil pressure sensor. I got under the car and saw the oil filter adapter but I couldn't find the oil pressure sensor, where is it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you today.

Here is a picture for you. The sensor is were the arrow is.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Carl

The picture gets cropped when I click to view full image. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Can you send me a larger picture.
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.

No problem try this one.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
In the picture I see a larger hose that attaches to the housing that the oil pressure sensor screws into. Is the tube an oil line that goes from the oil filter adapter to the oil filter.
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.
The sensor is there with the lower radiator hose goes into the oil filter adapter. You have both coolant and oil there at the oil filter adapter
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So the larger hose in the picture is a radiator.
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.

got another picture does this look more like your oil filter adapter.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes The first picture just didn't look rignt. Where is the oil sensor in this picture.
Expert:  Bamaman39 replied 7 years ago.

It should be on the adapter itself Im trying to find a location picture for you. But the sensor should be on the adapter on right beside it.

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've got to go to work.

I'll get under the car again and look for the sensor. If you find a better location picture please send it to my email.
[email protected]