Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How do I replace broken rear tailgate latch on a 2001 Ford

Customer Question

How do I replace broken rear tailgate latch on a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport? How do I get tailgate open?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

I have enclosed Fords instructions for replacing the door latch, the trim panel has to come off and I have enclosed then as well.

DOWNLOAD HERE

DOWNLOAD HERE

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not satisfied with answer. Procedure out of Ford manual requires special tools, not tools the average repair person would have.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
You can use a flat blade screw driver to pop the clips off of the panel, as the panel has to come off eaither way. I dont know what kind of answer I can give you i but the correct one and this is the correct answer.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a ripoff. Please return my deposit. Anyone can google the answer which you provided right out of the Ford manual! Thank you!
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
I have requested a refund on your deposit . I have not made any money from you and you are not charged till you accept which you havnt..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for processing my refund. Good luck.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very Much as well.