Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 Ford Explorer: doesnt work..air conditioning works..temperature

Customer Question
2005 Ford Explorer. When...
2005 Ford Explorer. When the heat is turn on, it doesn't work and a banging noise starts. The air conditioning works until the temperature is increased. The part that's making the noise seems to be hidden. How do I fix the problem? Thanks, Carl
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
4/4/2010
Ford Mechanic: Brian, Ford Shop Foreman replied 7 years ago
Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman

This is an electric actuator or motor called the temperature blend door actuator, it is mounted to the left side of the heater box behind the panel that extends forward of the floor console, this is what need to be replaced. graphic

Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Brian
Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman