Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I would like to replace the drivers side fronr door check arm…

Customer Question
I would like to replace...
I would like to replace the drivers side fronr door check arm on my 2005 Ford F150 Reg cab P/U/. I can provide the VIN if necessary.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2010
Ford Mechanic: Shawn, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
HiCustomerbr />

-What part are you referring to?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
The check arm that prevents the door from opening to far. I think its FPN 22886
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. In order to repace you will have to remove the door panel, I am sending you instructiuons in pdf format, hope this helps you out.

CLICK HERE FOR DOOR PANEL REMOVAL

CLICK HERE FOR DOOR ALIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The information that was provided was not what is needed
Sorry that is the only info available
I checked from 04-09 and there is nothing
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

Please opt me out

Please make my question available to other experts
Already been done, there is no info available, so I'm not sure anyone can help you. Please hit the opt out button, I have. Thanks
I am sorry but I do not see an "opt out button"
Ford Mechanic: Earl, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Earl
Earl, Ford Technician

Hello

Different tech here.

Here is the procedure for replacing the door check on your vehicle once the door panel is off.

DOOR CHECK

Where the part attaches to the door there are two screws,m and ts easy to remove. No need to remove the door panel. Removing the part from the body of the truck is where I need some help. I need to get to from under thae dash some how but th emergency brake assembly is in the way, and I cant see ow to remove the door check assembly. There are two screw you can remove fromthe outside but it needs to slide off the body from the inside. If you have access to Ford Tech service.com there should be some docs hat give a better explanation.

Alright, sorry didn't realize they put the front check opposite the older trucks. Here is a

picture of the parking brake pedal. The written procedure in the service manual is terrible and does not provide a good step by step instruction for removal. You will need to remove the three bolt that the #4 is labeling. They should have 10 millimeter heads. Once you remove these three bolt you should be able to position the pedal assembly aside enough to give you access to the hole where the door check will come out.

graphic

Removal and Installation

1. Disconnect the battery ground cable. For additional information, refer to Section 414-02.
  1. Remove the LH cowl side trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05.
  1. Release the tension on the parking brake cable. For additional information, refer to Parking Brake Cable Tension Release in this section.
  1. Remove the parking brake release handle bolt and pull the handle assembly down to prevent breaking off the locator tabs.
  1. Disconnect the parking brake release handle cable from the parking brake control.
  1. Disconnect the parking brake switch electrical connector.
  1. Remove the 3 bolts from the parking brake control.
    • To install, tighten to 20 Nm (15 lb-ft).
  1. Position the cable conduit grommet up through the floor.
    • Release the cable from the parking brake control.
  1. Remove the parking brake control from the vehicle.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
    • Inspect the parking brake system for correct operation.

CABLE TENSION RELEASE

Edited by Earl Cowette on 4/2/2010 at 1:01 AM EST
Thanks. If I can have info on Section 414-02 and 501-05 and also the info on Parking brake tension release I will be good.

The tension release info is in the last post near the bottom. Click on the word tension release and will come up in PDF format.

I will try and get you the info from the service manual later tonight. The Ford website has been down all day and I am unable to access the workshop manuals right now.

ok I got the infor for tension release. I will wait for Section 501-05 and pay you.
Website is still down I apologize for the delay.

The Ford site is still down. Here is the procedure for removing the cowl side panel from another source it shows for the right side, but it is basically the same except for the fuse panel door. You will need to remove the scuff plate along the bottom of the door opening. this is done by pulling straight up. Once the scuff plate is off you will need to remove the plastic push pin from the cowl side panel then the pane can be removed by pulling it towards the back of the vehicle and the clips will release.

PANEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE

Earl
Earl, Ford Technician