CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

1998 Ford Windstar: The power windows..circuit

The power windows on my 1998 Ford Windstar just stopped working. Where should I first look? Where is the fuse and circuit breaker?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 7 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

There is not 1 single fuse that controls the windows. Either the master window switch on the drivers door is bad, the GEM module is bad or there is a wiring problem. Testing with a digital volt/ohm meter will need to be done to check for 12 volts at the light blue and black wire at the master switch.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the4 master window switch and GEM module?

The master switch is the window switch on the drivers door and the GEM is located under the dash on the drivers side.

graphic