How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Matthew Your Own Question
Matthew, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 26
Experience:  Over 10yrs experience, Ford Senior Master Technician
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Matthew is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

1999 ford f150: v6..water is in v conf 5/8 od..nuts

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1999 ford f150 v6 4.2 L engine trying to replace water pump but cant find
any info about the metal tube that slides into the pump it is rusted away I think it is
called a water inlet tube it is in v conf 5/8 od with two little tubes coming off of it for 1/4
hose every body I ask about this thinks I am nuts what is the part# XXXXX this piece,what is
it called and where in the name of god can I get it????????????????????????
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.
If you can get me your vin number I can check on monody. thanks
Matthew and other Ford Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.
I believe it is part number XL3Z18663AA description is bolts into top of water pump, attaches two heater hoses, has nipple on each tube. I cannot find a good picture of it. but this is the only heater hose tube part for a 4.2l that goes to the water pump