Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

PO 153 O2 sensor code and PO 125 INSUFFICIENT COOLANT TEMP

Customer Question
FOR CLOSED LOOP FUEL CONTROL...
PO 153 O2 sensor code and PO 125 INSUFFICIENT COOLANT TEMP FOR CLOSED LOOP FUEL CONTROL
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
3/1/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron Z., - Ford Tech - replied 7 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

The p0153 is pointing to a fault in the Oxygen Sensor in Bank2 Sensor1. Make sure there are no exhaust leaks, and that the wiring for this sensor is good (no loose or broken wires, etc). If this all check out, suspect faulty Oxygen Sensor. This sensor is located in the exhaust system on the driver's side, before the catalytic converter.

The P0125 is pointing to a faulty in the cooling system. Make sure the coolant level is full, and that there are no coolant leaks. If this all checks, the most likely culprit is a faulty Thermostat.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -