CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

How to bleed clutch with know bleed screws 1999 f 350.

Customer Question

how to bleed clutch with know bleed screws 1999 f 350.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 7 years ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX is this a ford part? Is there a small bleeder on slave cylinder down at transmission end?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no
Expert:  Scott W. replied 7 years ago.
Was this part all assembled or did it come in pieces?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one master cylinder one slave cylinder.not connected
Expert:  Scott W. replied 7 years ago.

I am going to opt out, hopefully another expert has ran into this before, ford slave cylinders asemblies come assembled and pre bled. Thanks Steve W

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: He didn't know the answer. Referred it to another mechanic. Never got an aswer to my question..
He didn't know the answer. Referred it to another mechanic. Never got an aswer to my question.
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 7 years ago.

The clutch can be tricky to bleed but here is what you need to do:

First you need to disconnect the slave cylinder from the transmission and always make sure the reservoir stays full during the procedure

Position the slave cylinder and the hydraulic tube so that there are no high points that could trap air in the system.

• Position the slave cylinder push rod downward. Route the hydraulic tube upward as straight as possible toward the master cylinder so that the air can flow freely to the fluid reservoir.

CAUTION: Do not allow the clutch master cylinder reservoir to run dry.Purge the air from the clutch hydraulic system.

• Push the push rod slowly into the slave cylinder until it bottoms out the piston. Hold the push rod in this position for five to ten seconds to allow all trapped air to rise through the system. Very slowly, so that air is not drawn back into the slave cylinder, release the push rod (the spring in the slave cylinder will force the piston outward). Wait five to ten seconds for the air bubbles to rise. Repeat this process until all air purged from the system. Verify that the fluid in the reservoir is free of air bubbles.

Then install the slave cylinder back onto the transmission

• Slowly depress and release the clutch pedal 20 to 25 times to bleed any air still trapped in the system. Verify that the fluid in the reservoir is free of air bubbles.
  • Verify that the fluid level in the reservoir is correct, and install the cap.
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified