Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1999 ford: the the electrical fan fuse,or relay..themostat

Customer Question
what is the location the...
what is the location the the electrical fan fuse,or relay for a 1999 ford taurus.the noted car has 140,000 miles(it has a new engine and tranning).the car is over heating(no themostat is installed),.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
2/1/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The cooling fan on your 1999 is controlled by the PCM (computer) by turning the cooling fan relay on. Is located in your under hood fuse panel. You have 2 relays and a fuse you need to check

That being said, you need to install a thermostat as it will cause more problem then it will help by leaving it out.

graphic.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician