How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Your Own Question
Anthony, Ford Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 11808
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp.
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Anthony is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ford F150: oil sending located close to the oil filter

Customer Question

I need to replace the oil sending unit on my Ford F150 truck. !993 model w/V-8 engine. Is it located close to the oil filter??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.



The oil pressure sending unit is right above the oil filter. theres a pipe that goes into the side of the block that has it installed in.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do i need any special tools to remove the pipe??
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.
The pipe is hex so any wrench that fits it will work. The sender needs a special socket. Most autoparts stores sell the socket for about $8-$12.
Anthony and 3 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks anthony. wish me success
Expert:  Anthony replied 7 years ago.
Your very welcome and I hope it goes smooth for you!