Andy I
Andy I, Senior Master Ford Technician
Experience:  14 years in dealership, ASE Master Tech= drivability, AC, steering&suspen, electrical, engine repair
29643268

how can I reset a P1260 code

how can I reset a P1260 code
Category: Ford
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.
With a ford scan tool if you run by the dealership and just ask them to clear it out real fast they will usually do it for free, at least we do at my dealership, if it starts and runs fine and they try to charge you for this service, honestly i just wouldn't worry about it because it wont effect anything just having the code stored in memory. Please remember to hit the green accept button.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this code disables the engine and it will not turn over
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.
does it have a theft light flashing and did they tear anything up
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The theft light is flashing and there is no damage to the ignition system
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.
You will have to get the keys reprogrammed at the dealer. Please remember to hit the green accept button.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need to get ride of the fault code to get the keys programmed.(both new keys old ones taken)
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.
they can reprogram your old keys and when they do the code will go away.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
do not have the old keys they are lost. can the new ones still be programmed with out cancelling the code
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.

They can cut new keys off of your vin number and program and the new keys will fit your ignition and door locks and everything will be fine. Please remember to hit the green accept button

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I know that but how do I cancel the P1260 code which was my iriginal question
Expert:  Andy I replied 7 years ago.

when the new keys are programmed it will cancel the code. Right now it sees nothing programmed so it sets the code. if you have any other questions i will check my post tomorrow cause i have to get some sleep, but if this explains then just click the green accept button, Thanks