Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I unlock the door of a ford taurus with a dead batt…

Customer Question
How do I unlock the...
How do I unlock the door of a ford taurus with a dead battery?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
1/11/2010
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

HelloCustomer

I'm Chris, Thanks for allowing me to help you here on Just Answer.

I asusme the key in the door does not work?

Does the key for the trunk work?

No
You have 2 options here. You can slim jim the door lock or you can use jumper cables and connect it to your frame and use a wire attached to the starter (large red wire which goes directly to the battery ) touch this wire to the hot jumper cable. This will power your battery. The starter is on the side of the engine facing the radiator and is in the center if looking at the front grille and a little towards the drivers side. It above the front cross member.
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician