Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

my 2003 ford escape securilock theft deterrent has been tripped.

Customer Question
how do i reset it?...
my 2003 ford escape securilock theft deterrent has been tripped. how do i reset it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
1/5/2010
Ford Mechanic: Bamaman39, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician

Thank you for using just answer.

How many keys do you have?

2. i tried both
Okay does the anti-theft light flash really fast?
yes about every 2-3 seconds.

Ok when the key is turned on it only flashes 1 time every 2 to 3 seconds?

yes
Okay if it blinks that slow then the anti-theft is okay.Usually it will blink alot faster when the communcation is lost.Go unhook the battery for 5 mins and see if it resets itself.Also you didnt hook it on backwards did you?
cables are to short to hook backwards. i will try the reset
Ok let me know
WHEN I REMOVED THE JUMPER CABLES, NO POWER AT ALL. BEFORE I THOUGHT IT WAS A DEAD NEW BATTERY THEN THE THEFT LIGHT CAME ON. NOW WITHOUT THE JUMPERS, I HAVE NOTHING. NO LIGHTS NO DOOR DINGE NOTHING
It is very possible that you got a bad new battery.I had 3 put in my car before i got a good one and i bought it at autozone.Do you have a jump box or jumper cables to boost it off?
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician
I HAD JUMPERS ON IT FOR OVER 45 MINUTES. ONLY CLICKING AND THE THEFT DETERRENT LIGHT BLINKING. LIGHTS ETC ALL WORKED WITH THE JUMPERS ON
Ok lets start over i must have missed something.The truck clicks when you try to turn it over?Why did you have the jumper cables on if it was a new battery?Did it drain that quick?
NEW BATTERY, NO JOY. I THOUGHT MAYBE IT JUST NEEDED A JUMP TP GET IT STARTED./CHARGED. WITHOUT THE CABLES NO JUICE,LIGHTS/ETC. EVEN WITH THE JUMPERS IT WILL NOT TURN OVER. THE CLICKING DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE STARER OR SELIOID. THAT IS WHY WHEN I SAW THE THEFT DETERRENT LIGHT I WENT IN THAT DIRECTION
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Hello Wesernest

I'm Chris, Thanks for allowing me to help you here on Just Answer.

New tech here, Bamaman opted out.

I need you to hook up your battery the way its supposed to be with no jumper cables or charger connected, does the vehicle have any electrical power?

Whats the battery voltage?

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I WENT TO GET A NEW ANOTHER NEW BATTERY AND CLEANED THE TERMINALS AGAIN. IT SAT FOR 20 MINUTES AND STARTED.
Glad you got it.
Bamaman39
Bamaman39
Bamaman39, Ford Technician