AutoDoc
AutoDoc, ASE and Ford Master
Experience:  Ford Senior Master, Diesel Certified, electrical, powertrain, heating and a/c. 18 years experience.
12253114

where is the oil sending unit on 1991 ford bronco?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  AutoDoc replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer If you are talking about oil coming from between the engine and transmission, then it could be one of the plugs at the back of the engine or the rear camshaft bearing plug. If this is a V8, the oil sending unit is at the front of the engine so that can't be the problem. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello again:

The oil is not running down the bell housing on the outside, it is internal , coming from within the bellhousing, I stuck my finger in the port hole from underneath, I believe this the bell housing, and the oil pours through, and runs out the port hole. would this still be a plug? I have a 351 v8 Eddie Bauer Bronco 4x4

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hello AutoDoc:

The oil is coming out internally from within the bell housing. I stuck my finger in the port hole from underneath. and oil came out while engine is running, more like gushing out. The oil is not external on the bell housing unit. Would this still be a plug?

Expert:  AutoDoc replied 7 years ago.
More than likely one of the plugs came out. The transmission and the flywheel will need to be removed to fix it.