Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2006 ford: turn signal wont go off and front drivers side

2006 ford fusion front pass...
2006 ford fusion front pass. turn signal wont go off and front drivers side does not work
1/2/2010
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic

Hi there

Need some info ,,,,, are you saying that the passenger side turn signal is ON all the time ,,just flashing all the time , cant shut it off ???? or that when you turn it on , it will not turn itself off after you turn the steering wheel???

and the drivers side turn signal does not come on at all,, you turn it on and nothing happens ????

we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

it is on all the time not blinking just on burning bright

Ok,,, this sounds like a ground problem ,, something does not have a ground and is feeding back through the right turn signal ... so

do you have any after market headlamp bulbs in this unit ???

if you turn on the headlamps,, do all the exterior lamps work ok ????

do you notice by useing something on the car , like turning on the headlamps,, or turning on the a/c blower ,,, that the turn signal on the dash that is on ,, will cahnge its state ... ????

Chris

everything else seems to work fine as for the lights everthing should be factory.

With not much to go on ,, I would start at the headlamp bulbs ,,, and access them and check there connectors for melting ,,, this unit is known for this ,,unplug the bulb and check its connectors

graphic

check all four ,,, also the ground for the r/f turn signal and headlamp is right by the headlamp ,, its a wire that is bolted to the body

thats about all I can think of right now, there is no known problems like this through Ford

Chris

Thank you i will try that later today the car is not here right now

Sounds Good

Chris

chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
chris
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic