Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 Ford Escape 3.0L V6 intermittent charging problem. Alternator

Customer Question
believed to be good. Think...
2005 Ford Escape 3.0L V6 intermittent charging problem. Alternator believed to be good. Think it's a connector or wire harness problem related to a front end accident. A wiring diagram would help and any advice what to look for.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
12/26/2009
Ford Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager replied 8 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager

The alternator does not have a voltage regulator, it is PCM controlled. It is likely a bad connection, frayed or chafed wires.One looks clearer than the other diagram.

Electrical Diagrams
Notes

PLEASE NOTE: Some diagrams may appear to be missing because of gaps in the number sequences. These "gaps" are actually for diagrams that do not apply to the vehicle model selected.

12-1

Diagrams: Other diagrams referred to by number (See Diagram ##-#, etc.) within these diagrams can be found at Diagrams By Number . See: Diagrams\Electrical\Diagrams By Number

Locations: Location Views (reference numbers starting with 151-) referred to within these diagrams can be found at Component Location Views . See: Diagrams\Components\Component Location Views

graphic

Where is the battery junction box? Is it the fuse box under the hood (drivers fender area)?

Also, where are fuselink A & B located?

Yes,The battery junction box is located in the engine compartment. The fusible links are in the harness between the BJB and the alternator, the links are not going to be the issue, they are like in line fuses, either they are blown or they work.
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
EMRSR
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager