Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2003 Mercury Grand Marquis: LS...My check engine light came

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS. My check engine light came on and stayed on. Can it mean that my oil needs to be changed? I have had this car for only 3 months and just changed the oil 500 miles ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  toddwr007 replied 7 years ago.
This check engine light is telling you that there is a sensor malfunction/or connections.Due you have a auto-zone parts house by you (they will perform a scanner test for free and tell you what the code is and then you can get back to me with it ) Then I will be able to further assist you with finding a cure for your problem!Thank-you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. I was afraid of that. You verified my thoughts.Customer
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 years ago.

Hello Faringmartin

I'm Chris, Thanks for coming to Just Answer, I am going to do my very best to provide an answer you can Hit Accept on in a timely matter.

The oil change or needing a oil change should have no bearing on the check engine light coming on. Common codes we see in this vehicle are EVAP codes and misfire codes and lean codes, but you must first get it scanned.

have not heard back from you, so I assume you are needing more assistance on this matter, you can still reply on this thread.

If this solved the concern and you want to close the question and give me credit for assisting then do this by just hitting accept or by replying and saying "I accept." Accepting does not lock you out from replying if needed later.

My goal is to have nothing but satisfied customers.

Thanks Hope to hear from you soon, Chris