How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jblair1979 Your Own Question
jblair1979, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 265
Experience:  Ford ASSET graduate, 1st in my class, 2001, ASE car, truck, and medium heavy duty Master technician
Type Your Ford Question Here...
jblair1979 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

ford explorer sport trac: v6..immobiliser..faulty PCM.Is..reprogram

Customer Question


I have an ford explorer Sporttrac 2001 4.0 L 244 CID V6 SOHC with anti theft and immobiliser. We have a faulty PCM.
Is it possible to get a use PCM and is there a way to reprogram the anti theft and immobilser or what if I get a new PCM in the States, is it already programmed. I use scantool VCM/IDS.
Also there is no Ford dealer in the Netherlands Antilles.
Any info ?


Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  jblair1979 replied 7 years ago.

HowdyCustomer! I would not reccommend using a used pcm, you might just be bringing in more problems....if you have a vcm/ids, and you have access to, then you can get a new pcm and program it yourself. you might even be albe to get support from there is a company that you can send the pcm to and have them remove the antitheft immobilizer, from the programing.



jblair1979 and 6 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the info .
Expert:  jblair1979 replied 7 years ago.
let me know if i can help more, thanks, !!