Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2004 ford explorer: v6 idles rough and is stalling..fuel filter

Customer Question

my 2004 ford explorer v6 idles rough and is stalling at stoplights and during turns. is it the fuel filter?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is the VIN # ?
-How many miles are on your Ford?

- Have any warning lights come on?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
about 70000 miles on car. service engine soon light is on. vin #1FMZU73K14UA44441. thanks.
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.
Ok the next step here is to have it scanned for codes, the codes will lead to the proper path of diagnostics. Auto Zone and many parts stores do this for free, more than likely you will find a cylinder misfire code to be present. I can leave this thread open and get back to me with the code, its 9:30 here in Wi if you are in the states it is likely you can't get this done till tomorrow.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You're right. I'm on EST in Ct so I won't be able to find out until tomorrow. I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks again.
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.
I should be here all day.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great. Talk to you tomorrow.
Expert:  EMRSR replied 7 years ago.
ok