Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1998 Ford Escort LX: wheel alignment..adjustment..prior strut assembly

Hello, I have a 1998 Ford Escort LX, during a wheel alignment, it seems the right rear wheel needs a tow-in adjustment, the tech cannot find a way to adjust the tow-in on the rear of this vehicle... he suggested a new spring/strut, however, they were changed a month ago... the prior strut assembly also had the tow-in problem... is there a method to change tow-in?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Enclosed are tow adjustment for the rear wheels on your 1998.. You dont need a new spring or strut. If he dosnt know this you might want to find a different shop, Im not sure this one knows what hes doing. Enclosed are tow adjustments. graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello again...
Looking at your diagram, it's hard to see if it will change the tow in, or the wheel's lateral position in the wheel well. Is this diagram looking at the vehicle from the rear bumper, or facing the wheel from under the vehicle. In other words, will this adjustment change the wheels left/right (as a tie rod adjustment would do in front)... just making sure I know exactly what I'm telling the tech.
Expert:  Ron replied 7 years ago.
Loking at it from the rear bumper from underneath. The is the rear wheel adjustment.