Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2004 Ford Taurus Problem With Fuel Gauge

I have a 2004 Ford...
I have a 2004 Ford Taurus 3.0L SOHC V6 flex fuel.I am having trouble with the fuel gauge and the message center keeping accurate mileage.I already replaced the sending unit in the tank and that didn't fix the problem.Do I need to replace the entire gauge cluster and message center?
11/2/2009
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have already replaced the sending unit, then I suspect that the problem lies within the cluster, especially since the odometer is not reading correctly, I would replace the cluster eith a new one or a used part from the salvage yard,Tim
That's what I suspected.The fuel gauge will go from full to empty while the car is being driven.Does this problem sound familiar?
yes, it is losing a connection in the cluster,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH