Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2004 Ford Taurus Problem With Fuel Gauge

I have a 2004 Ford Taurus 3.0L SOHC V6 flex fuel.I am having trouble with the fuel gauge and the message center keeping accurate mileage.I already replaced the sending unit in the tank and that didn't fix the problem.Do I need to replace the entire gauge cluster and message center?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have already replaced the sending unit, then I suspect that the problem lies within the cluster, especially since the odometer is not reading correctly, I would replace the cluster eith a new one or a used part from the salvage yard,Tim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That's what I suspected.The fuel gauge will go from full to empty while the car is being driven.Does this problem sound familiar?
yes, it is losing a connection in the cluster,Tim