Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a water leak on my 2003 mustang convertible. I think

Customer Question
my top is draining into...
I have a water leak on my 2003 mustang convertible. I think my top is draining into my rear passenger flooboard area. Nothing in my car is wet except the floorboard in the rear. My top shows no leaks and neither the seats nor the doors or interior is wet just the floorboard. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
11/2/2009
Ford Mechanic: Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician

Good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be the technician assisting you today. What i have seen on the '03 Stangs is the dain grommet in the front of the quarter glass pocket getting filled with residue and plugging up causing water to build up and over time slosh around and seap onto the rear floors. Beyond that there isn't much else that could be causing this except top leaks. I would first inspect the grommet and clean it as well as poke it through to ensure proper drainage. Then with all components apart watertest the vehicle to attepmt to duplicate the concern to trace the origin of the leak.

first remove the rear seat,

Rear Seat

The rear seat cushion pad and frame (600A88) is retained in the following manner:

• Pins are located on the bottom front of the rear seat cushion pad and frame which secure the rear seat cushion pad and frame to the front floor pan (11135).
  • The pins are inserted into locking plates on the floor crossmember with a push button release.
  • The bottom of the rear seatback frame is retained with screws to the front floor pan.

then remove the quarter trim panel:

1. Remove the scuff plate.
  1. graphic
  2. Using the special tool Torx45, remove the front safety belt anchor bolt.
  1. graphic
  2. Remove the pin-type retainers.
  1. graphic
  2. Remove the speaker grille.
  1. graphic
  2. Remove the pin-type retainers and the quarter trim panel.
  1. graphic
  2. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

inspect the grommet at the bottom of the quarter pocket on the forward side

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, after accepting the report stays open for further questions, if you need further assistance please ask,

Please click the 'ACCEPT' button to allow me to recieve credit for my work. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are appreciated & would make my day.

Ford snr master
Ford snr master
Ford snr master