Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

You reset the 30A circuit breaker used for the Power Windows or do I

Can you reset the 30A circuit breaker used for the Power Windows or do I need to replace this? All 4 windows stopped working.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

No the 30 amp breaker can not be reset and if its bad then it has to be replaced, If the new one pops then you have a short to ground in the power window circuit.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I also found that the 30 amp breaker also has the radio running through it. Now, since the radio works, I'm less convinced the breaker is the issue. Is there another fuse that only controls windows? Or is there some other common issue that would cause all 4 windows not to work? I did rent a camper over the weekend and this all started when I had to hook up the trailer power.

Let me have a look... give me a minute.

What make and model?

Edited by Ronnie on 10/12/2009 at 7:53 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2003 Ford Explorer

ok let me have a look. The 2003 has known issues with the blu/black power wire coming from thru the rubber boot in the door breaking . Have a look at it.

graphicgraphic

Edited by Ronnie on 10/12/2009 at 8:04 PM EST