John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

2001 Ford Escape: a Gear Shifter Cable..3.0L..V6..Automatic..4WD

Customer Question

How do you remove & reinstall a Gear Shifter Cable on a 2001 Ford Escape, 3.0L V6 Automatic (4WD Option)? Any special instructions, tools or calibrations, etc. needed?
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

Hello, I am John, a Ford dealer technician.

I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accruately.

Sorry but none of the parts of the cable itself are servicable. You have to replace the whole cable. Click here for the Ford instructions on how to replace it. Hope this helps.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you! If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I gain access to the same website information? I purchased the Ford manual for the car, but even that seems oversimplified for even the most complex fixes (no step-by-step instructions, diagrams, trouble-shooting, special tool requirements, etc.).
Expert:  John Mc replied 7 years ago.

I have my information because I am a Ford dealer techinician. You can buy the same information from http://www.motorcraft.com/

Thank you,

JustAnswer Expert