Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

How do I change a fuel filter on a 2003 Ford Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer?

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2009
Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Here are some steps to help show you how to replace the fuel filter on your truck.It is located beneath the vehicle along the passenger side frame rail next to the transmission support.

Remove the components in the order indicated in the following illustration and table. To remove individual components, only carry out the listed steps.

ComponentSteps
Fuel filter3-7, 9-11
Fuel tubes1-8, 12

graphic

Do you have any pictures or more detail on how the fuel line clamp remover works. I have tried everything and way I can think of or see to get the tool to loosen the clamps. I am sure there is nothing to it once you have done it. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

You only need the tool on the right side of the filter,the left side has detachable clips.The tool slides into the socket area to release the tabs.Occasionally you need to twist the line while you slide the tool in to get it freed up.

Install the special tool and press it into the fitting.

graphic

• Unclip the tab.
  •  

graphic

• Depress the tabs and press the clip downward.
  •  

graphic

Scottdagoalie
    Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
    Scottdagoalie
    Scottdagoalie
    Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.