Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2005 ford f-250: an engine diagram..superduty..powerstroke..diesel

Customer Question
where can i find an...
where can i find an engine diagram with parts labeled for my 2005 ford f-250 superduty 6.0 powerstroke diesel?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
8/16/2009
Ford Mechanic: Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ford snr master
Ford snr master, ASE Certified Technician
good evening and thank you for inquiring with JustAnser, i can try to help you find you the correct illustrations and diagrams with the help of the shopmanuals ,but i would first like to know exactly which components and type of descriptions you are looking for.
well basically i need a diagram of the top of the engine, oil is sprayin out of what i think is some type of sensor right next to the oil filter on the top of the engine.
i will look into it and check the manuals and i will post all the detailed pictures i can find
graphic
ItemPart NumberDescription
1 9A543 Fuel injector pump assembly
2 9C968 Injection pressure regulator (IPR) valve
3 6095 Fuel pump cover
4 9E527 Fuel injectors (8 required)
5 9D280 Fuel injector manifold assembly (right side)
6 9F838 Injection control pressure (ICP) sensor
7 - Crankcase-to-head tube assembly (right side)
8 9J332 Rear engine tube assembly
9 - Crankcase-to-head tube assembly (left side)
10 9D280 Fuel injector manifold assembly (left side)

The high-pressure oil system is composed of two subsystems:

• Injection control pressure (ICP) system
  • Fuel injector assembly

The hydraulic force necessary to inject fuel into the combustion chamber is provided by the ICP system. The fuel injectors on the engine are hydraulically actuated and electronically controlled.

The ICP system is composed of the following components:

• Oil reservoir
  • Oil pump assembly (high pressure)
  • Oil pump cover
  • High-pressure tubes
  • High-pressure rail assemblies
  • Injection control pressure (ICP) sensor
  • Injection pressure regulator (IPR) valve
  • Check valves

The high-pressure oil pump receives engine lube oil from a reservoir cast into the vee of the crankcase. This reservoir makes available a constant supply of engine oil from the pump. This reservoir is constantly refilled by the low-pressure lube oil system with filtered oil from a passage in the oil cooler housing.

The high-pressure oil pump is mounted at the rear of the crankcase and is driven by the camshaft gear. Oil is drawn from the oil reservoir through a 200-micron screen and into a passage to the pump inlet port. High-pressure oil from the pump is distributed to the injectors through a series of tubes and manifolds.

The high-pressure discharge tube is mounted to the pump and serves to connect the oil flow from the high-pressure oil pump to the rear engine tube assembly. This tube assembly divides oil flow into two tubes or branches, one for each side of the engine. Rigid tubes in each branch direct oil up into the high-pressure oil rail of each cylinder head. Oil from the rails enters the injectors through O-ring sealed ports at the top of each injector. When the injector opening coil is energized, high-pressure oil is used to push fuel into the combustion chamber. After injection is complete, the oil inside the injector is vented through the top portion of the injector and allowed to drain back to the oil sump.

graphic
ItemPart NumberDescription
1 6A638 Crankcase oil cooler cover with oil cooler
2 9G440 Turbocharger oil supply tube
3 6K682 Turbocharger
4 6565 Push rod
5 6500 Valve tappet
6 - Main lube oil galleries (part of 6010)
7 9A543 High-pressure oil pump
8 - Camshaft gear (part of 6250)
9 6C327 Piston cooling jet
10 6333 Main bearings
11 6049 Cylinder head
12 6676 Lower oil pan
13 6622 Oil pickup tube
14 6019 Front cover assembly
15 6608 Oil pump drive rotor and shaft assembly
16 6616 Oil pump body
17 6A251 Camshaft bushing
18 6B678 Oil pressure regulator valve assembly (part of 6019)

The lubrication system is pressure regulated, cooled, and full flow filtered. In addition to providing engine lubrication, it supplies oil to the high-pressure oil system to control fuel delivery in the fuel injectors.

The following sequence describes lube oil flow through the major oil system components:

1. Oil pan (sump).
  1. Oil pickup tube and screen.
  1. The low pressure oil pump is a gerotor type contained in the front cover. The gerotor assembly consists of an outer and an inner gear. The inner gear is driven by the crankshaft. The pump inlet and outlet passages are through ports in the front cover.
    • Oil pressure regulator (bypass) controls lube oil pressure via a spring-loaded plunger relieving oil back to the inlet of the pump once operating pressure has exceeded 517 kPa (75 psi).
  1. The oil cooler cover receives oil from the oil pump and cools it in the oil cooler, which is located underneath the oil cooler housing.
    • The cooler bypass valves open in the event that the oil cooler base and/or cooler becomes restricted.
  1. The oil filter housing contains a paper-type element. Unfiltered oil flows up and around the outside of the filter and then down through the center standpipe.
    • The oil filter bypass allows oil to pass directly to the main oil gallery should the filter become restricted.
  1. Turbocharger and drive gears.
    • Cooled and filtered oil supplied from the oil cooler base lubricates the turbocharger bearings and provides hydraulic pressure for the variable geometry turbocharger control valve. Oil drains from the turbocharger through a drain tube back to the high-pressure hydraulic pump cover.
  1. Main galleries. Cooled and filtered oil supplied from the oil cooler base fills the main galleries to distribute oil to the following components via passages machined within the crankcase.
    1. Hydraulic cam followers.
    1. Camshaft main journals.
    1. Crankshaft main journals.
    1. Connecting rod bearings receive pressurized oil from the main bearings via drilled passages within the crankshaft.
    1. Rocker arms receive their lube oil from the hydraulic cam followers via the push rods. Oil drains back to the sump through holes located in the cylinder head.
    1. Piston cooling tubes.
  1. High-pressure hydraulic pump oil reservoir.
    • This reservoir (below oil cooler) has a constant supply of oil for the pressure hydraulic oil pump. It has an approximate capacity of 0.9 L (0.95 qt).
graphic
ItemPart NumberDescription
1 9D280 Fuel injector manifold assembly
2 - Crankcase-to-head tube assembly (late build)
3 9A332 Crankcase-to-head tube (early build)
4 9J332 Rear engine tube assembly
5 9C968 Injection pressure regulator valve
6 9A543 Fuel injector pump assembly
7 6L080 Engine rear cover assembly
8 6701 Crankshaft rear oil seal assembly
9 6D083 Engine rear cover gasket
10 6010 Cylinder block assembly
11 6020 Cylinder front cover gasket
12 8575 Water thermostat assembly
13 6019 Cylinder front cover assembly
14 6608 Oil pump drive rotor and shaft assembly
15 6616 Oil pump body
16 6700 Crankcase front oil seal
17 6316 Crankshaft vibration damper
18 8509 Water pump pulley assembly
19 8501 Water pump assembly
20 6A638 Crankcase oil cooler cover with oil cooler
21 6881 Oil filter adapter assembly
22 6L625 Engine oil filter and adapter assembly
23 6718 Oil filter outlet tube assembly
24 6714 Oil filter assembly
25 6C631 Oil filter cap assembly
26 9F838 Injection control pressure (ICP) sensor
27 9E527 Fuel injector nozzle assembly
28 6095 Fuel pump cover

click on the images to open them in a new window. these were the exploded views that i could find with description and names of components. once you locate you leaking component you can inquire back with me and i can advise you on the R&R if you'd like

I hope my assistance helped you and you are satisfied with my suggestion/answer, please leave positive feedback as it will be greatfully apreciated,thank you

Please note, your Deposit doesnt constitute a payment.Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. If you feel the answer was able to save you significant time and money Bonuses are welcome and appreciated.

the second pic didnt show up and none of the others had whats leaking on my motor numbered or named
that second picture was the same as the first, i just tried to make it available as full screen but that was unsuccessfull. as far not being able to locate your component, are you able to take a picture and post it so i have an idea which section and what to look for?
Ford snr master
Ford snr master