Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I need a brake line diagram for a 95 windstar

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/20/2009
Ford Mechanic: Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech. replied 8 years ago
Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Do you have ABS brakes?
-Are you looking for a picture of the lines throughout the van?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Hi. Yes they are ABS Brakes. I have a mechanic friend, who works mainly on large deisel engines, but he occasionally does minor repairs for me at his house on cars. I just bought a used 95 windstar that needs a couple of brake lines, so figured I'd just do them all. He has not done the lines on a windstar before, and so I was just looking for anything that may help him see how many lines there are and where each starts and ends so that he wouldn't have to hunt around to much under there and have and idea ahead of time what he's looking at. Thanks.

Here are some diagrams that may help.

graphic

Item Part Number Description
1 10732 Battery Tray
2 2140 Brake Master Cylinder
3 2C346 Anti-Lock Brake Module
4 Fuel Return and Brake Tube (Part of 2264)

1997 Windstar

Brake Tube Replacement

Certain brake tube bundles are serviced as complete assemblies. If not serviced, the following service procedure should be used.

WARNING: NEVER USE COPPER TUBING FOR BRAKE LINE REPLACEMENT IN A HYDRAULIC SYSTEM. IT IS SUBJECT TO FATIGUE, CRACKING, AND CORROSION WHICH COULD RESULT IN BRAKE TUBE FAILURE.

If a section of brake tube is damaged, the entire section should be replaced with a tube of the same type, size, shape, and length.

Double wall steel tubing is used throughout the brake hydraulic system. All brake tube fittings must be properly double flared to provide strong leakproof connections. When bending tubing to fit the underbody or rear suspension contours, always use a suitable tube bender and be careful not to kink or crack the tube.

Replace a brake tube as follows:

1. NOTE: The outside diameter of the tube is used to specify size.

Obtain the recommended tube and steel fitting of the correct size.

1. NOTE: Correct length may be determined by measuring the tube to be replaced using a length of cord and then adding 3 mm (1/8 inch) for each flare.

Use a tubing cutter to cut the tubing to length. Clean burrs after cutting.

1. NOTE: Make sure the fittings are installed and oriented correctly before flaring both ends of the tube.

Use Brake Line Flaring Tool D88L-2268-A or equivalent to ISO flare the ends of the tube. Follow the instructions included with the tool.

1. Bend the tube to the necessary contours and connect. Clearance of 19 mm (0.75 inch) must be maintained between the tube, metal edges and all moving or vibrating parts.

1. Clean brake tubing by flushing with clean Ford High Performance DOT3 Brake Fluid C6AZ-19542-AA or equivalent DOT3 Fluid meeting Ford specification ESA-M6C25-A before installation.

1. Make sure that all clips, brackets and shields are in place upon completion of brake tube replacement

Thanks. This says a 1997 Windstar, mine is a 1995. Is it the same?
Yes they are the same.The 97 had better diagrams.
Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.
Great, Thank You.
You are welcome!
Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie
Scottdagoalie, Senior Master Tech.