How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 15545
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HOw do we change the shift solenoid on a cd4e

This answer was rated:

HOw do we change the shift solenoid on a cd4e

Hello and welcome to


What is the year and model of your Ford vehicle? Which solenoid are you looking for?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it is an 01 escape

it is the "solenoid body' that is on the valve body

part number f8rz-7g391-aa if that helps

You will need to remove the front transmission pan to access the valve body.






Richard and 8 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you