Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Replace thermostat on 1997 ford escort

Customer Question
replace thermostat on 1997 ford escort
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
4/19/2009
Ford Mechanic: lostrider, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Can you explain your problem a little more?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
THE ENGINE OVERHEATS WHEN IDLING IN TRAFFIC FOR A WHILE, OR WHEN I TURN ON THE AIRCONDITIONER. MILEAGE IS 175,000 MILES. THE ENGINE IS A 4.0 CYLINDER. THERE IS NO SIGN OF A LEAK. I HAVE FILLED THE RADIATOR PRE-DILUTED ANTIFREEZE. WHEN THE CAR IS MOVING AT A NORMAL TRAFFIC SPEED, THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM AND THE GAUGE REMAINS IN THE SAFE ZONE. I DID ADD SOME BAR'S STOP LEAK PRODUCT, JUST IN CASE IT WAS LEAKING.

Thank you for the reply,

-Does the Cooling Fan come on when the concern is present or with the A/C on?

I TURN THE COOLING FAN ON TO CIRCULATE THE OUTSIDE AIR OR I AM RUNNING THE A/C. IT DOES NOT SHUT OFF UNLESS I SHUT IT OFF.

Sorry about that, not the interior fan, but the Fan on the Radiator, the Engine Cooling Fan., If you turn on the A/C, it will also turn on the Engine Cooling Fan.
I HAVE NO IDEA. HOW CAN I TELL?
Sorry for the delay in the response, start the car and turn on the A/C to the MAX position and the blower on hi, open the hood and look down at the radiator, the fan is attached to the radiator, look and see if that fan is running, let me know.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician