Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

4 power windows..nothing in owners manual or fuse box is listed

Customer Question
all 4 power windows don't...
all 4 power windows don't work , nothing in owners manual or fuse box is listed for "power windows"
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
3/31/2009
Ford Mechanic: Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech replied 8 years ago
Fordanswerman
Fordanswerman, Ford Motor Company Certified Tech
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?
-How many miles are on your Ford?
-What type of engine is in your Ford?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
2005 ford taurus 4 dr sedan ,3.0 L v6 vulcan engine, 88,000 miles - i've checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes - nothing is listed for the power windows & i didn't want to just start pulling fuses, it's hard to tell on some because they are solid circuit breaker type fuses

Thanks

Do the interior lights work ok?

Thanks

yes, everything else still works - all power & electrical

Thanks

Check fuse #30 on the interior fuse panel. Replace if needed.

Pull out circuit breaker #10 and look for any burnt marks or overheating. Replace if needed.

If those are ok, next try with the key in the run position, and try tapping on the side of the master power window switch as you move the switches. If windows start to work replace the power window master switch.

Also try with the key still in the run position, opening and closing the drivers door slowly while operating the power window switch. If the windows work while open and closing the door, then there is a broken wire that is between the door and the body that will need to be repaired.

Thanks

Fordanswerman
Fordanswerman