Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Replace the heater control value in a 2001 f150 super crew?

How do you replace the heater control value in a 2001 f150 super crew?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello Hm, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns.

The interior heater contorl in your vehicle does not have a under the hood heater valve. the heat is always running through the heater core and then regulated with a electric blend door actuator, is this what you were needing access to?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I suppose - I thought there was a heater control valve in the dash somewhere - and wanted to know how to get at it to replace it - are you saying there is no heater control valve and that I need to get at the electric blend door actuator to fix my issue? Right now the temperature control has no impact based on setting - the climate system is always blowing Hot air no matter what setting - heat or A/C and no matter whether I have the temp control in the red or blue - always hot air. I had a mechanic test the Temp control switch and he advised it was fine.

Sincerely,

George

Yes your looking at a faulty blend door actuator or a stuck and or broken blend dorr. You can check and repair from the below diagram. If the door is faulty the dash must come out.

Click here for ford directions.