Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

How do I get my Lincoln Ls to eject or play cds

Customer Question
How do I get my...
How do I get my Lincoln Ls to eject or play cd's?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
3/14/2009
Ford Mechanic: travis_t80,
 replied 8 years ago
travis_t80

Thanks for the question.

Double check fuse 2, 18 and 27 in the central fuse panel located behind the right kick panel.

Does the radio display still function?

Thanks,

Travis

Where is the right kick panel? Yes the radio is still functioning.
Ford Mechanic: travis_t80,
 replied 8 years ago

The right kick panel is down where the passengers feet are, on the right side.

However, it the radio still functions properly, then the most likely issue will be an internal issue in the CD player.

Then How do I take out and examine the cd player, there aren't any releases that I can see
Ford Mechanic: Lurch, Ford Cert. replied 8 years ago
Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.

Another Expert here:

Sorry for the wait...........
If you are refering to In-Dash AM /FM CD ( not the add on changer)

The CD not playing is a common problem & the Unit will need to be repaired.
Est. $ 165.00 - 285.00 depending on shop & parts.
Do not attempt to remove the CD's as most shops will refuse repair or replacement if the unit shows signs of tampering......

Here is procedure to remove Unit from dash:

graphic

Ford Mechanic: travis_t80,
 replied 8 years ago

STEP 1. Begin by removing the simulated wood grain bezel that surrounds the

ashtray. Insert the hook tool behind the upper right corner of the bezel just below

the climate control. Pull toward you to release the right clip. Perform this same

action in the upper left corner. Set the bezel aside. Using the 9/32" socket and

driver remove the two screws that hold the ashtray module in place. Set the

screws aside. Grasp the ashtray module and carefully pull it out of it's cavity just

enough to gain access to two 5/16" hex head screws that hold the radio and

climate control unit in place. Using the 5/16" socket and driver and a telescopic

magnet remove the two screws that hold bottom section of the radio and climate

control unit. NOTE: Use the telescopic magnet to make sure the screws do

not fall behind the dash. Set the screws aside.

STEP 2. Insert the hook tool behind the lower right corner of the air duct

module just above the radio. Carefully pull toward you to release the lower right

clip that holds the duct in place. Perform this action in the lower left corner of

the duct to remove the lower left clip. Grasp the air duct and pull it out of its

cavity and set it on top of the dash. Do not disconnect any wiring. Locate and

remove the four (4) hex head screws that hold the radio and climate control in

place. Set the screws aside. Place the protective cloth over the top of the center

console. Grasp the radio and climate control module and pull it out of its cavity.

Set the module onto the center console.

graphic

Another Expert here:

Sorry for the wait...........32 minutes is a long time.

Again here is the procedure to remove the unit:

graphic

Ford Mechanic: travis_t80,
 replied 8 years ago

Set the module onto the center console.

graphic

Thank You,

Travis

travis_t80
travis_t80
travis_t80