Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford Windstar: Minivan..2 codes but I dont know what they mean

I have a Ford Windstar...
I have a Ford Windstar 2001 Minivan, I have 2 codes but I don't know what they mean. Can you tell me what PO301 and PO156 means? And what do I need to do to fix it? And what should I expect to pay? Or can I fix it myself?
2/25/2009
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

DTC P0301 is cylinder 1 missfire and P0156 is Oxygen sensor 2 bank 2 circuit. The P0301 is most likely a spark plug wire, coil or fouled plug. The engine in your Windstar also has problems with the intake manifold gaskets causing a vacuum leak. This usually give lean codes but it may also give the cylinder missfire. The P0156 is most likely caused by a oxygen sensor but a scan tool will be needed to monitor the sensor readings.

Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Richard, ASE Certified Technician