How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bob Your Own Question
Bob, Ford Senior Master
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 285
Experience:  23 years experience on Fords, ASE Master Tech, electrical and driveability specialist.
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Bob is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2000 ford windstar: radiator hose..block..the water pump turns to hose

This answer was rated:

2000 ford windstar, radiator hose/steel tube removal. How do you remove it from the block? The line starts steel at the water pump turns to hose, then back to steel. Goes under the intake manifold. I cant free it from the block on either end.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

2000 Ford windstar v6

Already Tried:
prying it out. it was tough enough getting to the end under the manifold. does it have a keeper? I need to remove both steel tube ends from the block



Did you remove the intake manifold?


Did you remove the 8mm bolt?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Of course. I just went to an auto parts store to see if I could purchase a new one. with it I was hoping to see how to removw the old one. I was told it is a dealer item. The nominclature for the hose on Checker Auto parts computer is a "Crossover Hose"
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes sir. I have acess to the hose. I just can't seem to pull it out of the water pump and the block on the other side. I have tried to pry the drivers side up with a small bar. I am not familiar with this style of entrance coupler. Is there an "O" ring on it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It will turn slightly side to side, but won't pull out


This part is a dealer item, I just installed two of them this week. Once you remove the 8mm bolt then you must pry tube up. The tube has a oring on the end and that oring is just stuck in intake, I usuallly take one of my large pry bars and just pry it straight up it will come out. Does it have a pin hole in it? Make sure you replace the isolator bolts that hold intake down they are known for sucking air and causing vacuum leaks.



Please remember to clcik ACCEPT and leave positive feedback s=o I may recieve credit for helping you. Than k you for using JUST ANSWER.

Bob and 8 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you