Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic with over 30 years experience with N.Y.P.D. fleet service division
1699649

How do I change the rotors on a 2004 Expedition?

Hi,to replace the rotors you will need to remove the caliper mounting bolts, slide the caliper off the anchor plate,then remove the anchor plate bolts,and remove it. You then can take the rotor off the hub. It make be stuck due to rust around the hub,you can spay with some penetrating oil and tap it off with a hammer. Here are some illustrations showing the caliper bolts and anchor plate bolts on your truck.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Will I need to grease the new rotors? If so, please describe contact points. Also, do you have a better illustration available? I'm just not sure what I'm looking at and the rotors aren't even identified.

Hi, once the caliper and anchor that the calipers is mounted to is removed the rotor comes off the hub,as I indicated you may have to hammer it of due to rust. The hub area where the rotor fits on should be wire brushed to remove any rust. There is no need to grease anything. You are not doing anything with the bearings as was the case on earlier model vehicles. These are called hat rotors and just fit onto the hub. I will send some illustration of the hub and the rotor for you,thanks,Jerry.

graphicgraphic