Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

How do I disable securilock on my ford Escape 2008

Customer Question
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Ford
9/22/2008
Ford Mechanic: Tim, Ford Technician replied 9 years ago
Tim
Tim, Ford Technician

riven1234,

Here is the procedure for programming the autolocks. I hope this helps you.

NOTE: The autolock feature can be activated/deactivated independently of the auto-unlock feature.

NOTE: Prior to beginning this procedure, make sure that the anti-theft system is not armed, the ignition is in the OFF position, and all the vehicle doors, liftgate and liftgate glass are closed.

1. Close all the doors, the liftgate and the liftgate glass.

2. Confirm that the ignition is in the OFF position.

NOTE: Steps 3 through 7 must be carried out within 30 seconds.

3. Turn the ignition from OFF to ON.

4. Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button 3 times.

5. Turn the ignition from ON to OFF.

6. Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button 3 times.

7. Turn the ignition from OFF to ON. The horn will chirp once to indicate the system is in the enable/disable mode.

8. Press the door lock control switch UNLOCK button once, then the LOCK button once to toggle the autolock feature ON/OFF. The horn will chirp once to indicate autolock is disabled. If the horn chirps twice (one short and one long chirp), the autolock feature has been enabled.

9. Turn the ignition to the OFF position to exit the enable/disable mode. The horn will chirp once to indicate the procedure is complete.

Autolock Programming Using the Keyless Entry Keypad Procedure (If Equipped)

1. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

2. Close all the doors, the liftgate and the liftgate glass.

3. Enter the 5-digit permanent entry code on the keyless entry keypad.

4. Within 5 seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 3/4 button on the keypad. 5. While holding the 3/4 button, press the 7/8 button.

6. Release the 7/8 button, then release the 3/4 button. The horn will chirp once to indicate autolock is disabled. If the horn chirps twice (chirp followed by a honk), the autolock feature has been enabled.

Autolock Programming Using the Message Center Procedure (If Equipped)

To disable/enable the autolock feature, select AUTOLOCK OFF from the SETUP control for the current display mode.

Press the RESET control to turn the autolock ON or OFF.

Auto-Unlock Programming Using the Power Door Unlock/Lock Procedure

NOTE: The auto-unlock feature can be activated/deactivated independently of the autolock feature.

3. Turn the ignition from OFF to ON.

5. Turn the ignition from ON to OFF.

8. Press the door lock control switch LOCK button once, then the UNLOCK button once to toggle the auto-unlock feature ON/OFF. The horn will chirp once to indicate auto-unlock is disabled. If the horn chirps twice (one short and one long chirp), the auto-unlock feature has been enabled.

Auto-Unlock Programming Using the Keyless Entry Keypad Procedure (If Equipped)

4. Within 5 seconds of entering the code, press and hold the 3/4 button on the keypad. 5. While holding the 3/4 button, press and release the 7/8 button two times.

6. Release the 3/4 button. The horn will chirp once to indicate auto-unlock is disabled. If the horn chirps twice (chirp followed by a honk), the auto-unlock feature has been enabled.

Auto-Unlock Programming Using the Message Center Procedure (If Equipped)

To disable/enable the auto-unlock feature, select AUTOUNLOCK OFF from the SETUP control for the current display mode.

Press the RESET control to turn the auto-unlock ON or OFF.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim
Tim
Tim, Ford Technician